Booking Information :
- Operational Month : October – May
- Rates are on per cabin basis.
- Single supplement at INR 8500.
- Extra person from age 5 – 10 yrs INR 3500.
- Pick and Drop facilities from North Goa is included.
- Kindly check cabin availability before booking.
- Follow all safety instructions.
Starting From: 12,800.00
Overnight Houseboat Tour on Mandovi River
Overnight Houseboat Tour – Enjoy the backwaters of Mandovi River
If you’ve ever wanted to go off the beaten track then we have an excellent option for you. Not only will it be off road but you’ll be sailing overnight in a houseboat. Leave your worries behind and sail along the backwaters of the Mandovi River. Feast your eyes on a spectacular Goan sunset. Indulge in delectable delights.
You can spend an evening beneath a canopy of stars, enjoy a luxurious night in an air-conditioned cabin in absolute peace and quiet.
On the Overnight Houseboat Tour
Your afternoon will begin with a pick up from your hotel and you will be reached to the Britona Jetty where you will board the six-cabin houseboat. A warm welcome, a garland and a drink await you.
The houseboat will leave Britona Jetty at 4:00 pm. While you start cruising North towards up the Mandovi River towards Aldona you will be served a scrumptious high tea. You will sail by Ribandar, Old Goa and Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary on the right. You will see old Goan-Portuguese houses along Ribandar all the way to Old Goa. An interesting fact about these old houses is that the entrance of the house used to be on the waterfront. People would commute by boat. You will see a different side of Goan life as you sail by. Goan villages have their own undeniable charm.
Apart from the churches and temples, you will get a glimpse of fishermen and the traditional way of fishing, the astounding newly constructed Calvim cable-stayed bridge, followed by a breathtaking sunset.
Looking at Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary, an ornithologist’s haven, you will see a miscellany of birds which include the striated heron, the reef heron, the little bittern, red knot, jack snipe, and pied avocet. The migratory birds can be sighted during the winter months when we get over a hundred and eighty different bird species. If you’re lucky you might see the Indian otters frolicking in the water.
Activities on board
having the ideal setting to catch up on your reading, there are other activities to try out if you would like to experience something new and different. You can go crabbing and fishing off the boat. The crab nets, fishing gear, and bait will be provided. If you have never fished or gone crabbing you will be instructed on what to do. These activities will take place after you have been served delicious starters. If you don’t wish to try out these activities you can relax on the deck and gaze at the night sky while listening to live music which is equally therapeutic.
Once you are done with the fishing and crabbing you will be served a delightful, authentic Goan seafood meal. The houseboat is anchored in the Mandovi River backwaters for the night.
The Goan sunrise is as spectacular as the sunset. You will continue sailing down the backwaters of the Mandovi River while you have a hearty breakfast and you’re set for a little crocodile spotting, bird watching and sunbathing.
As you head back to the Britona Jetty you will be served brunch/ lunch. This brings your wonderful Overnight Houseboat Tour to an end.
What to carry with you
A couple of changes of clothes (preferably light cotton), swimwear if you wish to go swimming, sunblock, sunhat or cap, flip flops or sandals. Please don’t forget your camera, there will be a lot of wonderful moments you might want to capture. A pair of binoculars in case you want to have a clearer view of all the marvelous sights.
The Cost and what it includes in the Overnight Houseboat Tour
The cost of a cabin is 12800 INR and for Single Supplement the cost is INR 8000. The Overnight Houseboat Tour begins at 4 pm (your pick up will be before that) and ends at 11:30 a.m. A pickup and drop off from and to your hotel, a welcome drink, a garland before you enter the houseboat, high tea (this includes snacks), starters, an authentic Goan meal, live music, drinks, water, breakfast, and brunch.
Please follow all safety instructions given by the crew members. Please don’t throw any litter into the river.
This is a popular trip with honeymooning couples who wish to start their lives in a romantic setup, married couples, families, and groups of friends. Since it is a six-cabin houseboat you are bound to make new friends.
To avoid disappointment and to get the dates of your choice and convenience, please book this Overnight Houseboat Tour in advance. You will definitely have a once-in-a-lifetime experience creating happy memories.
Houseboat Package Overview:
Package : Overnight Houseboat on Mandovi River
Package Includes :
- Pick and Drop from any hotel in North Goa only
- Welcome Drink
- High Tea / Snacks
- Breakfast (excludes juices)
- Live music on board
- Crocodile Spotting
- Swimming with life jackets
- Swimming suits
House Boat Itinerary (All timings are approximate)
- 02.30 pm to 03.00 pm : Pick up from the hotel and drop to Britona Jetty to board the houseboat
- 03.30 pm to 04.00 pm : Welcome of the guests on boat by garlands and welcome drink.
- 04.00 pm to 07:30 pm : The boat start cruising from Brittona jetty towards our destination Aldona. Once the cruising start the guests are served snacks. While cruising the guests can watch the beautiful bird life at the salim ali bird sanctuary, bats, local fishermen village, temples, churches, traditional way of fishing, fish farms, old Portuguese houses,the newly build Calvim bridge, Goa’s only cable stayed bridge etc.. After the most beautiful sun set from the house boat which amazingly keeps on changing its position the boat is anchored and starters are served.
- 07.30 pm to 09:00 pm : After enjoying our mouthwatering starters the guest are free to do fishing/crab catching etc. (Fishing gear, bait, crab catching basket etc. Provided)
- 09:00 pm to 11:00 pm : Local Goan cuisine based on Goan sea food will be served.
- 11:00 pm to 07:30 am : Have a Good night sleep
- 07:30 am to 08:30 am : Next morning breakfast will be served as the guests wake up. (Pancakes, omelet, bread, butter toast, jam, tea and coffee)
- 08:30 am to 11:00 am : After the breakfast the boat will start cruising back to the Brittona jetty.
- 11:00 am to 11:30 am : Before leaving the house boat the guests will be served brunch/lunch. After the brunch/lunch its time to say goodbye to the friendly staff as your taxi driver will drop you to your respective hotels in North Goa.
- Guests with walking difficulties are not recommended to take this tour
- Pick up & Drop will be provided from hotels booked only in North Goa places like Calangute, Baga, Arpora, Nagoa, Candolim, Sinquerim, Nerul, Porvorim, Mapusa, Panjim, Sangolda, Anjuna, Vagator, Arambol, Ashwem, Morjim, Mandrem
- We do not provide pick and drop services from South Goa
- If vehicle is unable reach to your hotel due to narrow road or construction work, you will be picked up from the nearest location or on main road.
- Please follow all the safety procedures given by the crew members.
What time does the Overnight Houseboat Tour begin and end?
The Overnight Houseboat Tour Tour begins at 4:00 pm and ends at 11:30 a.m. the following day.
What time is my pick up from the hotel?
The pickup time is approximately between 2:30 pm and 3:00 pm. However, you will be informed about the exact time the previous day.
How many cabins are there on the houseboat?
There are six cabins on the houseboat.
How many tiers does the houseboat have?
The houseboat has two tiers, an upper and lower tier. If you have a preference of where you would like to have a cabin then please book your cabin in advance.
Are the cabins air-conditioned?
Yes, all six cabins are air-conditioned.
What is the cost of the Overnight Houseboat Tour?
The cost per cabin is 12800 INR and For Single Person the cost is INR 8000
Are meals provided on the Overnight Houseboat Tour?
Yes, all your meals and snacks will be provided by us. You will have a high tea, followed by starters, dinner, breakfast and brunch.
I have a problem walking, would this trip be okay for me?
If you have a problem with your legs then it would be advisable to avoid this trip.
Can I go swimming?
Of course you can. We will provide life jackets.
Do you do pickups from the North?
Yes, we do pickups from all North Goa Hotels.
Do you do pickups from the South?
Unfortunately, we do not do pickups from the South.
What activities do you have on board?
You can do a spot of fishing or crabbing. We provide the fishing gear, the crabbing net, and the bait.
What should I carry with me?
You should carry a couple of changes of light cotton clothes, a sunhat or cap, sun block, flip flops or sandals, a camera, a pair of binoculars if you enjoy bird watching.
What if tour is canceled from your side?
If the trip is canceled by us then we will give you a full refund of your money within 07 working days.
What if I cancel tour from my side?
Kindly check our cancellation policy