Booking Information :
- Operational Month – June – December
- Rates are based on per person basis.
- No pick and drop included in the cost.
- Kindly check guide availability before booking.
- Trekking equipment is a must
- Follow all safety guidance.
Starting From: 1,599.00
Trek to Tambdi Surla Waterfall
Trek to Tambdi Surla Waterfall – Get lost in nature to find yourself
Tamdi Surla is literally a heaven among dense forest. This site is famous for its temple and waterfall which is located inside the area of Bhagwan Mahavir National Park in a small village called Tambdi Surla at the foothills of the Anmod Ghat in North Goa close to the town of Valpoi. It is 65 kms from Panaji, 70 kms from Dabolim airport and 55 kms from Margao. This place is well located beyond the noise and hustle of daily life.
Transport is not included in the activity. You will have to travel in your own vehicle to Nature’s Nest resort located at Tamdi-Surla Sacordem Goa. As soon as you reach you will be provided with breakfast. (For detailed menu kindly refer to our FAQs). Post breakfast you will be briefed by your guide about the trek, after which you will have to travel to the starting point of the trek in your own vehicle.
Set off on foot
The difficulty level of this trek is medium. Off you go on a 90 minute trek from the temple to the waterfall. The route is through dense vegetation and thick streams of water. Certain pathways are narrow while most of the journey is broad and comfortable to make your way. The air you breathe will be one of the freshest and purest unlike that of our polluted cities. You may come across a few reptiles, birds and butterflies on your way. The entire area plays host to several vegetation, rare species of birds and animals that are usually not seen.
As you travel your paths you will begin to hear the faint roaring of the waterfall thus prompting to you that you are nearing your destination. As you come to it, you’ll be awestruck with its beauty. The waterfall is big and full of flowing water that leads to a pool like area where you can go for a dip.
Once you spend a good amount of time here, we will head back for 90 minutes to the starting point to proceed for a visit to the temple.
The Temple – Holiness at its best
The Tambdi Surla Temple is the oldest of temples in Goa and is a Shaivite temple of Lord Shiva built in the 12th century. This temple features some of the most fascinating work of architecture. The craftsmen involved in designing this temple must have worked really hard to come up with this master piece. You will find a headless Nandi right at the centre of the temple. Mahshivratri is celebrated with great zeal here and you will find large gatherings of people during this time. The temple and its works are sure to fascinate you.
Lunch and adventure activities
After the visit to the temple, we all head back to Nature’s Nest resort to satisfy our hunger. After the trek it is impossible for anyone not to think of food. We serve you an authentic Goan style buffet lunch (for detailed menu refer to the FAQs). After you have eaten well, you can relax for a bit and then head to participate in a couple of adventure activities on the property of the resort itself. Try your hand at wall climbing and flying fox. You can also feel free to use the Fish Spa and the Natural Bubble Spring.
We come to an end of this awesome trip by having your evening tea with rusk.
The trek will commence at 8:00 am to wind up at 5:30 pm.
The cost of this trip is INR 1599 per person
Attire and things to carry
• Please wear comfortable clothes
• Carry a change of clothes as you will tend to get wet and dirty during the trek
• Carry your camera for great pictures
• Make sure to carry your trekking gear and proper trekking shoes
• Please carry necessary rain wear in the form of rain coats and jackets to protect yourself from the rain
Important points to keep in mind:
• Outside food / Snacks / Soft Drinks / Soda / Alcohol is not allowed in the property of the resort.
• Package does not include Mineral Water Bottle & any personal expenses.
• Only people of age group 8 – 50 yrs will be allowed to participate. Children below 8 years and adults above 50 are requested not to participate in the trek.
The entire trip is for nature lovers. Fall in love with this beautiful place called Tamdi Surla. Everything from the temple, the wildlife, the plants and the waterfall does not cease to amaze you. The trek is very exciting and will bring out the explorer in you.
Where is Tambdi Surla located?
It is a small village at the foothills of the Anmod Ghat in North Goa located inside the area of Bhagwan Mahavir National Park close to the town of Valpoi.
Is transport included in the trip?
No, transport is not included on this trip. You will have to travel around in your own vehicle.
What is the difficulty level of the trek?
This trek is of medium level.
Is this a guided trip?
Yes there will be a guide on this trip.
Is there any age factor for trekkers?
Only people of age group 8 – 50 yrs will be allowed to participate. Children below 8 years and adults above 50 are requested not to participate in the trek.
Can I carry my own food?
No, outside food / snacks / soft drinks / soda / beer are not allowed in the property of the resort.
Will there be safety kit and first aid available incase of injuries?
Yes, the guide will carry a first aid kit to help incase of injuries.
What will be the menu for breakfast?
Kanda Poha & Tea.
What will be the menu for lunch?
Lunch will be a Goan style menu that will include:
- Vegetable Gravy Dish (Beans / chick pea/ Mix vegetables cooked in coconut gravy)
- Goan vegetable (Locally cultivated leafy vegetables/ fresh beans/ oburgines/ lady finger cooked in Goan style)
- Goan yellow Dal
- Traditional Goan fish curry (Coconut curry with tamarind to be eaten with rice)
- Goan Fish fry (Fish shallow fried with mild spice and semolina)
- Chicken curry in Goan Style (Chicken Xacuti/ Chicken Vindaloo- mild)
- Bhakri (Indian Bread)
- Salad, Papad, Pickle
- Goan sweet dish (Kheer/ Payasam/ Mangane: sago in sweet coconut milk)
- Sol kadi- Kokum curry
What will I be served for evening tea?
You will get Tea with Rusk.
What is the process for booking?
The entire booking process can be found on our website with details of payment and confirmation.
What is the process of cancellation and refund?
The entire cancellation and refund process can be found on our website.
Is pre booking necessary?
It is ideal to pre-book due to the demand for this excursion. Pre-booking will avoid disappointments.
Is the activity available all year round?
No, you can go on this trek only from July to December