Booking Information :
- Operational Month : November – May
- Rates are per person on shared AC vehicle basis
- For child rates please refer to our Child Policy.
- Jeep safari strictly on sharing basis with maximum 5 pax.
- Private vehicle available. Kindly check cost with us.
- Please refer to our Covid19 Guidelines for your safety.
Starting From: 1,899.00
The Dudhsagar Waterfall Tour
The Dudhsagar Waterfall Tour – An unforgettable experience
When nature calls, you answer! There’s nothing better than rejuvenating in the midst of Nature. The healing sounds of the birds and animals, the babbling of brooks or in this case, a waterfall.
One of our most sought after trips is our Dudhsagar Waterfall Safari where you spend the whole day in nature. The best way to unwind and clear your mind away from the monotony of every day life.
The Dudhsagar Waterfalls – Geographical information
At 310 meters (1017 feet), Dudhsagar Waterfalls is one of the highest waterfalls in India, located at the Karnataka-Goa border. It is 80 kilometers south of Belgavi and 46 kilometers east of Margao. Nestled in the Western Ghats, the Dudhsagar Waterfalls comes under the Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary and Mollem National Park, in the Sanguem Taluka. Surrounded by verdant forests rich in flora and fauna, this is an ideal place for a quick getaway.
The water cascades down into a deep pool causing it to look like milk which is how it earned the name “Dudhsagar” – “Sea of milk”.
Accessing the Falls
The Dudhsagar Waterfalls is only accessible by jeep. You will be driven down to the swimming point in a seven-seater jeep. This is a shared vehicle. You will be able to spend max an hour at the Dudhsagar falls before heading out to your next destination.
Once you are at the swimming point, you are free to swim, wade in the water or just dangle your feet in the icy pool. You will be given life jackets if required. There are lifeguards on duty to assist you if you have any water-related problems.
This is completely safe even for children but caution should be exercised.
What your day is going to look like
The day will begin with a pick up from your hotel (multiple locations in North Goa) in an air conditioned shared vehicle between 6:30 – 7:00 am. Breakfast will be en route. Enjoy the scenic drive to Mollem where you will get on the jeep and head for a drive through the lush forest of Mollem. You will then walk a small distance of 200 meters to the swimming point where you can swim or splash about. After you have spent a tiring hour in the Dudhsagar Waterfalls swimming area you will start heading towards the second location for lunch.
At the spice farm you will be served a scrumptious Goan meal and you can get a guided tour of the area where you will learn about the various plants and spices of Goa. You can opt for an elephant ride if you wish but at an extra cost. You will then leave for Old Goa where you will get a chance to see Sé Cathedral and Bom Jesus, two UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
The cost of the trip, what to wear, and what to carry
The Dudhsagar Waterfall Safari costs 1899 INR per person. Children between the ages of 3-4 will be charged 700 INR per child with no separate seat and above 5 years 1400 INR will be applicable.
The weather during the day ranges between 29-31 degrees Celsius between November and February. From March to the end of May it fluctuates between 33-37 degrees Celsius. Wear light cotton clothes. Light cotton is quick to dry and it will keep you cool. Please ensure that you keep hydrated especially when you are outdoors. Carry a few bottles of waters.
Since you’ll be out in the sun for most of the day please carry a sunhat or cap along with sunblock. If you plan on going swimming then please carry your swimwear, a towel, and a change of clothes if required.
Please wear comfortable shoes that have a good sole and are fine to walk in.
A few humble requests :
- Please do not feed the animals you might come by along the way. They are wild and there are chances you could get attacked.
- Please keep the area clean and dispose of your litter responsibly.
Dudhsagar Waterfall Trip + Spice Plantation Package + Old Goa Church Tour
- Pick and Drop in AC Sharing Coach
- Off Road Jeep Safari Ride (Max 7 Seating on Shared Basis)
- Life Jackets
- Guided Tour at Spice Plantation with Traditional Goan Style Buffet Lunch (Veg/Non-Veg)
- Old Goa Churches (Complementary Visit)
- All Entry Fees
- Beverage / Mineral Water
- Towels / Swim Suits
- Personal Expenses
- Professional Camera Charges
Optional / Extras:
- Elephant Shower / Ride at Spice Plantation if Operational
- Route Itinerary for reference purpose only (All timings mentioned are approximate as there will some waiting time of 25 – 30 mins for Jeep Safari Allocation)
- 07:00 am : Pick up from Hotel / Location
- 09:30 am : Arrival at Base Camp at Collem
- 10:00 am to 01:00 pm : Jeep Safari through Mollem National Park forest to waterfall and back
- Swim with life jackets on & get refreshed. You will get max 1 hour time to spend here.
- 01:00 pm to 02:30 pm : Visit to Spice plantation with Guided Tour at the spice plantation followed by Goan style buffet lunch (Veg/Non-Veg). Optional Elephant Ride or Shower to be paid on the spot if operating
- 02:30 pm to 03:30 pm : Proceed towards Old Goa Town
- 03:30 pm to 04:00 pm : Visit Old Goa’s churches like Se’ Cathedral & Basilica of Bom Jesus (UNESCO World Heritage sites) – Complementary Visit
- 04:00 pm to 06:00 pm : Relax on your way back to your Hotel / Location as your trip comes to an end.
Child Policy :
- Children between the ages of 3-4 will be charged 700 INR per child with no separate seat and above 5 years 1400 INR will be applicable.
- Please note that, if there is crowd at the Mollem National Park for Jeep Safari ride, you may experience some more delays out there in getting Jeep Safari other then mentioned timing in our itinerary, as jeeps are allocated by Forest Department Team. Also, a group of 4 Adults and above may split during the Jeep allocation. We at TAG shall not be responsible for any delays or group split as it is not under our control. Such calls will not be entertained whatsoever.
- Pick up & Drop will be provided from North Goa beach areas hotels booked only in Calangute, Baga, Arpora, Nagoa, Candolim, Sinquerim and Nerul Area. For areas like Assagao, Siolim, Anjuna, Vagator, Arambol, Ashwem, Morjim, Mandrem, Panjim, Miramar, Dona Paula, Mapusa, Porvorim etc we have designated pick and drop locations for Shared vehicles only.
- Pick and Drop services are not provided to any South Goa area. The nearest pick and drop point will be New KTC Bus Stand, Ponda City, Central Goa
- If vehicle is unable reach to your hotel due to narrow road or construction work, you will be picked up from the nearest location or on main road.
- Scheduled pick up time may change based on the crowd at Waterfall. It will be intimated the day before the trip.
- Jeep Safari from National Park to Dudhsagar Waterfall and back will be strictly on sharing basis with max 5 members in one vehicle either you opt sharing or private vehicle from us.
- Old Goa Churches may be shown pre or post waterfall trip depending on the crowd near Mollem National Park
Covid19 Safety Guidelines :
- Jeep Safari will have only 5 pax maximum
- Guests to carry compulsorily Mask and sanitizer with them.
- Guests are advised to carry more than one mask as it will get wet in water.
- Sanitization of AC Coaches will be done on daily basis.
- Medical checkups of driver will be done.
- Oximeter will be available in the bus to check
What time and where will I picked up for The Dudhsagar Safari?
You will be picked up between 6:30 – 7:00 a.m. from your hotel in Nerul, Sinquerim, Candolim, Calangute, Baga, Arpora and Nagoa areas. Pick up time may change to early morning based on the crowd at Mollem.
What about other locations in North Goa?
We have designated pick up areas in Ashvem, Arambol, Morjim, Mandrem, Siolim, Mapusa, Anjuna, Vagator, Sangolda, Panjim and Porvorim.
What if I am based in South Goa?
Unfortunately, we have no pick up and drop off options for South Goa at the moment. The nearest point is New KTC Bus Stand, Ponda City.
What if I do not know how to swim?
That won’t be a problem. A life jacket is always provided.
What if I am a heart patient?
We advise you not to take this trip since it is a little hectic and you can get stressed out being in the heat and sun.
Can pregnant women go on The Dudhsagar Safari?
The drive is long and the roads can get quite bumpy so please be cautious and don’t do anything that would be detrimental to yours and the baby’s safety.
My child is below twelve, can they come for The Dudhsagar Safari?
Of course your child can come. Children will enjoy the day as much as adults will. Please watch them carefully and make sure they don’t wander into the pool on their own.
What does The Dudhsagar Safari include?
The Dudhsagar Safari includes a pick up and drop back to your hotel room/ location, a jeep safari ride that is shared with a total of seven people. Life jackets will be provided if choose to swim. Lunch at the Spice Farm along with a guided tour of the area. A brief tour of Sé Cathedral, and Bom Jesu which is complimentary.
What does the Dudhsagar Safari exclude?
The Dudhsagar Safari does not include camera fees at the Bhagwan Mahaveer Wildlife Sanctuary, breakfast, towels, swimwear, beverages, elephant rides and getting showered by an elephant.
Can I book in advance?
Yes, you certainly can. You can block your preferred date by booking online via our website.
What will I get to see on the Dudhsagar Safari?
You will see monkeys since they are all over the place. If you’re lucky you might see bisons, panthers, spotted deer, mouse deer, barking deer, porcupines, sambars, jungle cats, flying squirrels, giant squirrels, pangolin, slender Loris, and tigers. Birds are easier to sight. One can see Malabar hornbill, paradise fly catchers, barbets, Indian hornbill, kingfishers, emerald doves, grey jungle fowls and others.
Will I have the jeep to myself?
The jeep will be on a sharing basis of a maximum of 5 people.
Is the water safe?
Yes, the water is safe but try not to venture out into the middle of the swimming area.
I know how to swim, do I still need to wear a life jacket?
Preferably yes but if you choose not to use a life jacket then kindly note that it will be at your own risk.
What should I carry with me?
You will need to carry a change of clothes, a towel, a camera, sunblock, and sunhat or cap.
What clothes would be best to wear?
What shoes should I wear?
Sandals with a proper grip or rubber shoes.
What is the cost for an adult and child?
Cost for Adult is INR 1899 per person and Children between the ages of 3-4 will be charged 700 INR per child with no separate seat and above 5 years 1400 INR will be applicable.
What is the time duration of The Dudhsagar Tour?
The Dudhsagar Safari is a whole day excursion which begins with a pickup from your hotel between 06:30 – 07:00 am and ends with a drop off between 06:00 – 06:30 pm.
What if The Dudhsagar Safari is canceled from your side?
If the trip is canceled by us then we will give you a full refund of your money within 07 working days.
What if I cancel The Dudhsagar Safari from my side?
Kindly check our cancellation policy