Booking Information :
- Operational Month : June – September
- Group from 3- 4 pax – INR 2799 per person
- Group from 5 pax and above – INR 2599 per person
- All rates are per person on shared vehicle basis
- Child below 12 years is not allowed for the trek.
- Trekking gear and proper trekking shoes compulsory.
Starting From: 2,999.00
Monsoon Trek to Dudhsagar Waterfall in Goa
Monsoon Trek to Dudhsagar Waterfall in Goa – Discovering the Sea of Milk
Goa is blessed to have one of the most mesmerizing waterfalls of today. The milky looking gush of water prompts its name “Sea of Milk’. Dudhsagar Waterfall is located at the Goa-Karnataka border, at the Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary and Mollem National Park in beautiful The Western Ghats. It is 60 kms from Panjim, 46 kms from Margao and 70 kms from the Dabolim airport in Goa.
The sight of the waterfall never fails to amaze any on-looker and the nature’s vibes around the place are very pleasant. The most popular way to get there is by Jeep. However, the more exciting way is of course on foot by trekking it out to the place. We present to you a thrilling monsoon experience in the form of a trek to Goa’s heaven amidst nature.
Getting warmed up
After your pick up from your hotel in North Goa, you will arrive at base camp at Collem where you will meet your guide and the team to be given a briefing about everything that you will engage with through the day. You will also be served some delicious breakfast that will not only satisfy your taste buds but give you the much needed energy to endure the entire trek. For details of breakfast kindly refer to our FAQ’s.
Let’s set out
Once you are ready to begin, your guide will lead you on a magical journey in nature. The expertise of the guides will lead you on the safest routes to get to your destination. The entire duration of the trek will be about 4 hours on foot and the difficulty level for this is medium.
The pathway will be moderately challenging at a few places according to the topography. The area around the trekking route is covered in dense vegetation. You’ll get a chance to see a few glimpses of the flora and fauna around the area. The howling of monkeys from the trees is the most common sound apart from birds chirping at regular intervals. You may have to navigate several small streams of water depending on the rainfall.
It is a lot of fun watching out for each other and being guided on your way to the falls.
Dream destination arrival
After a journey of almost 4 hours on foot you will reach your destination which will make the tiredness disappear in a second. The waterfalls are one of the most beautiful sights that you will have ever encountered. These falls with a height of 310m (1017 feet) and an average width of 30m (100 feet) look amazingly enormous from where you will be located. The milky water gushing down from the height will make melodious tunes as it meanders its way past you. You’ll enjoy yourself being around the place as you spend some time at the falls. You will be served packed lunch around the waterfalls itself. For lunch details, kindly refer to FAQ’s.
After your lunch we begin trekking back to the starting location at base camp. As the trip comes to an end you can chit chat and talk about your experiences over some nice hot tea. The trip ends with you being dropped back to your hotel.
The trek will commence at 7:00 am to wind up at 7:00 pm.
Attire and things to carry
- Please wear comfortable full sleeve clothes
- Carry a change of clothes as you will tend to get wet and dirty during the trek
- Carry your camera for great pictures
- Make sure to carry your trekking gear and proper trekking shoes
- Please carry necessary rain wear in the form of rain coats and jackets to protect yourself from the rains and leeches.
- It will be advisable to carry your own first aid kit
Important points to keep in mind:
- Package includes 2 Mineral Water Bottle.
- People of age above 50 years and below 12 years, pregnant women, people with heart and breathing conditions will not be allowed to participate.
- Swimming will not be permitted at the waterfall.
Do not miss out on this experience amidst nature to one of India’s best waterfalls during monsoons. You will look at nature differently after you witness its beauty during the trek.
Where is Dudhsagar Waterfalls located?
Is transport included in the trip?
What is the difficulty level of the trek?
Is this a guided trip?
Is there any age factor for trekkers?
Will I be permitted to swim?
Will there be safety kit and first aid available incase of injuries?
What will be the menu for breakfast?
What will be the menu for lunch?
Packed lunch menu:
- Egg / Veg sandwich
- Chatni sandwich
- Banana 2 nos
- Boiled eggs 2 & biscuits 01 pkt
- M/Water & fruity
- Veg Noodles / Veg Fried Rice
- Mineral Water and Fruity